The engines for generator are assembled in our dedicated state-of-the-art Engines and Generators Plant. The plant consists basically of two types of facilities viz. Testing and Assembly.
2 Cylinder Cooper Engines Assembly line
- This assembly line is a fully automated line
- The assembly line has a capacity of assembling more than 18,000 engines per year
- Precision auto-manufacturing
- Online leak testing facility
3/4/6 Cylinder Cooper Engines Assembly line
- This assembly line is a semi-automated line
- The assembly line has a capacity of assembling more than 9,000 engines per year
- Clean room assembly for precision component assembly like injectors
Engine Testing Facilities
Testing facility consists of engine test beds.
The test beds are designed to test the compliance of the assembled engine with its ratings, performance and capacity (load). There are 3 test beds for 2 Cylinder Cooper Engines and 2 test beds for 3/4/6 Cylinder Cooper Engines. Some of the tests carried out in the test beds are detailed below.
Mode Testing Test Beds
- 5 Mode test consists of the following-Speed, Power, Fuel Consumption, Engine Temperature & Pressure, Blowby & exhaust are checked in the 5 mode test bed.
- 8 Mode test is carried out for variable speed engines of tractors and other heavy duty engines.
- 13 Mode test is carried out for automotive (variable speed engine).
Horiba testing facility
Cooper Corp has in-house emission testing facility. This has been installed from Horiba Japan at an investment of INR 4 Cr.
This test bed is commissioned for testing the swirl movement and emission levels for all the bigger engines (3/4/6 Cylinder Cooper Engines)
There are also Cold Testing and Hot Testing Test Beds commissioned to test all the engines.
Generator Assembly and Testing
Cooper’s Generator ranging from 10 Kva to 250 Kva are powered with Cooper’s own engines and
manufactured and tested in the same plant.
There are two separate assembly lines (a) 2 cylinder engine (b) 3,4 & 6 cylinder engine