All Cooper Corporation products undergo stringent Quality Control testing. In the Cooper Corporation Quality Control laboratories, products are subjected to Chemical Analysis with an Emission Spectrometer, and Micro-structural Analysis using CCTV camera equipped Metallurgical Microscopes and BHN and HRB Hardness Testing Machines. Our products are then further Depth Measured and tested for Tensile Strength, Elongation, Modulus of Elasticity, Surface Quality and Internal Defects.
- At Cooper Corporation, the Quality Policy is committed to achieve the following objectives:
- Maintaining and exceeding a Quality System in line with ISO 9001:2008, ISO/TS 16949:2009 and ISO 14001:2004
- Extensive application of statistical techniques for further process improvement and cost reduction on a continuous basis.
- Empowering employees through a continuous training process
- Following high standard housekeeping tasks, to provide best working environment
Documentation and Evaluation of all important manufacturing steps - from material composition to final inspection before dispatch - ensures that we consistently produce top quality products meeting international standards. Design and development of new products are also routed through the APAQ Process Quality, integrated into the manufacturing process through:
- Process monitoring and operating instructions
- Control plans and checklists
- Set-up approval
- Process capability evaluation
A robust packing system has been developed at Cooper, which allows parts to be shipped across the ocean, stored in the warehouse and yet fresh and ready for use without any oil. This is particularly user-friendly for aluminium die casting.
Cooper Corporation have been awarded the following Quality Certificates:
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO:TS 16949:2009
- ISO 14001:2004
The company ensures perfect synchronization between its manufacturing and engineering operations. Both operations are performed at the company plant in Satara, Maharashtra and the engineering activities complement manufacturing by designing all the dies, fixtures, tooling and preparing control plans and specifications.
Most of the tooling is made and calibrated in-house while critical inspection gauges are outsourced to other manufacturers. The blend between in-house work and outsourcing is extended to laboratory facilities for regular testing and analysis of parts. This helps in substantially reducing the lead time in tailor-made production, either made to customer specifications or engineered for their applications.
All equipment for casting, machining and quality control has been sourced from leading suppliers in India and overseas to ensure very high levels of efficiency and reliability.